"The Professor" recommends that the following steps be taken
in order to get the best exam results.
- Please "fast" for 12 hours prior to
your exam! (No solid foods, no coffee, tea or orange juice. Water
- Plan your food intake carefully for several
days prior to your exam. Avoid rich foods or those with
large amounts of sugar.
- Your exam should be done when you are
under the least pressure and completely rested. For most
people, this means in the morning.
- Do not drink alcohol for one day prior to
- Salt should be avoided for three to four days prior to
your exam. In doing this, it should have a beneficial
effect on your blood pressure readings.
- Please do not smoke for at least 3 hours prior
to your exam.
- Get a good night's sleep! Proper
preparation can save time and money for you.
- Refresh your memory on dates and doctor's names
of past medical history. A recently issued life insurance
policy may be helpful. The insurance company will contact your
You should plan on 30 - 60 minutes for a full
There is absolutely no cost to you for this
exam. The examination will be done by a qualified professional
examiner (PARA-MEDIC, R.N., or M.D.) The
results of your exam are available to you at no charge, upon request.